Follow hoopsaddiction on Twitter

About This Blog

My photo
NBA, WNBA, NCAA, FIBA, D-League makes no difference, its all ball!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Crossover Kings / NBA Fantasy Pool Week 2






I mentioned in a previous post that I would be keeping those who frequent my blog, an update on my fantasy team, so here it is.

My team, the "Crossover Kings", are in 2nd place out of 12 with 79.5 points.  The 1st place team sits on top with 80.5 points.  Stand out players from that 1st place team include Pau Gasol, Marc Gasol, Dwight Howard, Eric Gordon, Kevin Garnett, Devin Harris and Ron Artest.  My "Crossover Kings" stars are Paul Pierce, Chris Paul, Chauncey Billups, Chris Bosh and Andrew Bogut.

Out of the players mentioned, Chris Paul with averages of 21pts, 6 rebounds and 9 assists is doing great in fantasy land and reality, as the New Orleans Hornets are still unbeaten at 4-0.  Paul Pierce is not far behind with a 21 points and 7 rebounds per game average.

As a big fan of the Power Forward position, I made sure I got my hands on Kevin Love from the Minnesota Timberwolves.  I was a non believer through no fault of my own when it came to his skills.  The lack of air time and stats that didn't stand out among other players in his position, I assumed his praise was all hype.  However, while watching this past summer's FIBA Championship, I knew he was the real deal.  Averaging 16 points and 10 rebounds, Minnesota has only won 1 game so far, but placing last in the western conference last year, there is no where to go but up.

My worst 2 performers based on fantasy league scoring systems, are Brad Miller and Hedo Turkoglu.  With Miller playing around 33 minutes and Turkoglu with 24 minutes, combined they only average 12 points and 7 rebounds.  Not impressive at all.  Brad Miller who is a reliable player off the bench, is playing behind Yao Ming and Luis Scola, both go to guys on the 0-4 Houston Rockets.  Hedo Turkoglu, who came off a less than impressive season with the Toronto Raptors after leaving Orlando, has yet to get into rhythm with a team you would expect him to excel with.  The Phoenix Suns are a team full of talented jump shooters and lose very little steam when going to their bench.  The 1-3 record for the Suns is nothing to worry about right now, but its already clear that Toronto trading Turkoglu for Leandro Barbosa, benefited the Raptors far more than it did Phoenix.

It looks like I will need to make 2 trades if I want to stay near the top of this fantasy mountain.  With it still being early in the season, I might even wait until the end of the month before making a final decision.  Nothing would hurt more than dropping both players and have them start playing well once another team picks them up.  

I would recommend fantasy leagues to anyone from fans new to the sport to the hardcore, as it is a lot of fun, involves strategy, and keeps you involved and informed as well as helps you learn about the NBA throughout the season.

Try it, it's free!

Crossover Kings
-------------------------
Chris Paul
Chirs Bosh
Paul Pierce
Brad Miller
Hedo Turkoglu
Andrew Bogut
Udonis Haslem
Kirk Hinrich
Anderson Varejao
Chauncey Billups
Linas Kleiza
Kevin Love
Boris Diaw

No comments: